Monday, June 10, 2013

Long time no talk

Hi.  It's been a while.  Gosh I'm tired right now.

Grandpa died last week.  He was 94.  He and my Grandmama were married 65 years.  Can you imagine?

It's such an odd thing.  I didn't want him to suffer.  I wished for him to be released.  It was so awful for him to be in pain all the time.  But now I am heartbroken.

And just so damn tired.

I've written before about my father and what his absence meant in my life.  Grandpa was one of the people that filled that space, along with my mom and my family as a whole.  I have been so blessed.  I am so blessed.

.::.

In other news, I am "this close" to having lost 90 pounds since joining SparkPeople.com in September.  No shit. 

6 comments:

yobobe said...

Oh...I'm sad for you, sorry you've lost your grandfather.
and happy you're doing so well on your diet!
xxoo

Ms. Moon said...

One can never truly be ready when a beloved dies. I hope there is peace for you, Steph. It is good to hear your voice.
Ninety pounds! That is amazing and wonderful and you must feel like a new woman. You have grabbed your life and changed it. Few actually do that. You are.

NOLA said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :( Hugs, and hugs.

And I am sooo proud of you. I want to see pictures! And I'm going to friend you on Sparkpeople.

liv said...

Loosing a Grandpa is no small thing, especially one who may have occasionally filled in for a missing dad. My heart goes out to you, Steph. So glad there is a rewind button on the memories, you'll be using it a lot for awhile.

Hope your energy comes back soon, but the tiredness is understandable. The weight loss on the other hand is out of this world !! You are beyond an inspiration!

Petit fleur said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa Steph. I will send you a private message about that later.

You are tired because death is draining on every aspect of a person's life. Give yourself some time, get as much rest as you can and be gentle with yourself.
xo m

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

My condolences to you. Grief requires a lot from the physical body. Do take care. Rest.

And congrats on your weight loss. So completely awesome.