Wednesday, January 16, 2013

wheels in motion

I'll spare you the TMI, but I have had a heck of a time with birth control over the years (pills, depo shots, IUD, more pills, etc.).  I asked my provider to change my pill AGAIN and when she started to rattle off the warning signs of potential dangerous side effects of the new pill, alarms starting going off in my head. 

Then it occurred to me, not for the first time... we are done with babies.  There are other options.  Tubal ligation to be specific. (Be careful of that there link - there are photos).

So.  I have taken the first steps to jump through the hoops to get 'er done, so to speak. 

Strangely, I am super excited!  I don't love going under the knife but I really want to do it.

That said, if you have warnings/horror stories about getting tubes tied, go ahead and let me have 'em.  Now is as good a time as any...

5 comments:

NOLA said...

Man, birth control sucks. Best thing ever is sex with a man with a vasectomy. And getting to the other side of menopause, I guess.

Ms. Moon said...

My man had a vasectomy. It was a beautiful thing.

All This Trouble... said...

My man also went in for the ol' snip snip. (You went missing in that other realm...it got my attention so here I am with you and your birth control. Don't leave me again.)

Kristen Grimes said...

Best thing I ever did was get the tubes tied! I knew my hubby would never get it done, but yet I knew that I didn't want anymore kids so I took the proverbial bull by the horns.

In my case I had a lot of scar tissue from carrying around twins to full-term so they had to do it the "hard way" so my recovery was a little longer and more difficult, but even still - best thing I could've done. Not having to worry about it is HEAVEN!!!

I will say that my periods did change a little afterwards, but not in a *bad* way...just different. So something to be aware of.

Steph(anie) said...

NOLA - I look forward to menopause.

Ms. Moon - Lucky you :)

ATT - Sorry about that... I had to go underground.

Kristen - I may have "tissue" issues as well and may have to consider this thing called essure instead. Will know more in a couple weeks.