Monday, October 22, 2012

Utter Randomness

This weekend at the park, I heard a boy call my son a name (fatty).  Austin didn't hear it.  A few minutes later, that boy wanted to play tag with Austin "because he can't run fast anyway."  I walked over very calmly and told Austin that I didn't think he should play with that boy because he was being mean.  That boy hid from me the rest of the time we were at the park.  But Austin snuck over to talk to the kid, thinking I didn't see, and I didn't stop him.  He is teaching me about love and kindness.

Do you guys have those sign twirlers in your neck of the woods?  The other day I saw a girl throw down her sign in disgust, kick it aside and walk away from her post.  I guess she couldn't cut it. Or didn't give a shit.

Speaking of not giving a shit.  The other day I saw a woman with frizzy dark hair, which was up in a bun (not a cute messy bun, just a get this hair out of my face bun) and my first thought was: She just doesn't give a fuck, does she?  My second thought was:  Looks like my hair. 

A few years ago, I wrote something along the lines of... it doesn't matter to me whether there is a God, it doesn't change how I live my life.  I had no idea there was a word for that:  Apatheism.  (Thank you, Murr)  I only hope that there is no disrespect inferred.  I have no intention of apathifying your faith. 

Happy Monday. 

No, really.  (Turns out I sometimes come off as sarcastic when I don't mean to be.  Not really sure what to do about that yet.)

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I love the concept of Apatheism. Love it. Thank you for introducing it to me.

Kristen Grimes said...

I would have loved to see the gal throw down her sign! hahahahaha You don't get to see that everyday... :-)

And yes, kids are definitely the ones that teach us about love and forgiveness.