Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October

I decided today that October is absolutely my favorite month in (inland) Southern California.  Of course, if you ask me in about four weeks, I will say that November, yes, November is definitely the best part of the year.  Either way, the mornings and evenings are cool.  The summer's heat is (mostly) behind us and the afternoons are bright and clear and temperatures can be anywhere between 70 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Sunsets are fantastic in October.  Second only perhaps to sunsets in January.  Or February.  You know what? Any time it's not 120 out, sunset is freaking awesome. 

I also decided that the art building is my favorite place on the college campus where I work, with all the chalk drawings on the sidewalks and sculptures and paintings in the windows.  That is until I walk past the biology lab where they have green, growing things and lizards and god only knows what else tucked away in nooks and crannies.  Or it might be the courtyards that are my favorite. People sit and read; birds chirp and peck for bugs.

There's no point to any of this and therefore no good way to end it.  (It doesn't end, does it?)

6 comments:

NOLA said...

An overabundance of good things? Wonderful! And why only one favorite? That's like limiting myself to only one man. SHOULD NOT BE DONE.

liv said...

A lovely post.
What a great picture that brought to my mind. I think Summers ending is maybe the best part of it. We've had glorious weather here too. But tomorrow the rain will come, they predict. Until then, a few more hours of squirrels and bluejays and the last tomatoes from the garden.

But you made me remember California with affection - sweet.

Kristen Grimes said...

Yes, Yes - October is the BEST month until November rolls around. :-)

Ms. Moon said...

Hey girl- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (It is your birthday, right?)

Steph(anie) said...

NOLA - Noted. LOL

Liv - Summer ending is pretty great around here.

Kristen - Yep, Thanksgiving with all the windows open is pretty great.

Ms. Moon - Yes, it is :) and thank you

Petit fleur said...

Happy belated birthday!

I like this month too. My mom's birthday is the 10th. Funny.

Cheers to cooler temps too. We'll be there soon!
xo