Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Things I've done since last I wrote

Gah, I can't believe I haven't written here for a week.

In that time I have...
  • lost 4 pounds. Woo-hoo SparkPeople!  I just hope to keep it going [crosses self and spits].
  • quit therapy.  Cuz I'm all better now.  Hahahahaha.  I just need a break.
  • helped at a garage sale on one of the hottest weekends of this still-too-freaking-hot month where old people shamelessly bargained me out of junk I would rather have just given away. 
  • recovered almost completely from having bruised ribs after taking a little spill almost 2 weeks ago. 
  • learned that modern yoga may have actually come from Scandinavian gymnastics, not so much ancient Indian practices.  http://www.yogajournal.com/wisdom/2610 
Meanwhile, Austin is back in swim lessons, Maya is taking violin lessons, and I need to get back to yoga before I snap (whether it's Scandinavian or Indian first matters not, it helps me keep my shit together). 

7 comments:

liv said...

Sounds like lots of movement there, so nice to hear and I'll bet it feels good too.

Congrats on the 4#'s. That is a big deal. Maybe I won't have pasta for dinner after all...:)

NOLA said...

Good bye four pounds! Yay for yoga!

Mama D said...

Yay for whatever keeps a frazzled mother's shit together! For me, it is taekwondo...to each her own source of sanity. :)

Ms. Moon said...

All IS one, you know, whether we're talking about consciousness or yoga.
You go, girl! I am proud of you!

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

Yoga is amazing.
Hooray for you!

Petit fleur said...

Woot! Woot! Hooray for you!

And yes, Yoga is divine.

Kristen Grimes said...

"whether it's Scandinavian or Indian first matters not, it helps me keep my shit together" hahahahaha

True dat!!!