Monday, June 25, 2012

good times


We had Austin's birthday party at an indoor party place for the first time this year.  Austin had his doubts when I first told him about it.  He wanted his party at home, damn it!  But I told him I was pretty sure he would have fun and he should give it a try 'cause I just couldn't do it at home this year.  And guess what, Mama was right.  He and his friends had a good old time!


While sitting in the birthday throne in the dining area after the jumper frenzy, he declared the party his best birthday party ever.  Which works for me because it was the easiest birthday party ever.  Win-win!

.::.

On Sunday I did something else for the first time.  I met a blog friend in the flesh. Lady NOLA is a pleasure.  Her life is so very different from mine, as a (somewhat) unattached world-traveler.  But we as women aren't so very different.  Like me* she is intelligent and generally wonderful ;)

* Please know that I am laughing at myself here.  I don't regularly go around proclaiming myself to be the shit.

5 comments:

NOLA said...

Ha! I love how you spelled "intellegent" to make your point.

But you SHOULD go around announcing yourself as awesome! Perhaps a set of t-shirts?

Or we can just start a mutual admiration society!

Glad Austin had a great time.

Steph(anie) said...

I love how you thought I did that on purpose! You give me too much credit.

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

I might try to schedule a meeting with a blogger friend. I love the blogosphere!!!

Ms. Moon said...

Aw. This is good stuff. All of it.

Petit fleur said...

You ARE the shit! You just have to keep on remembering it. And remembering to remember it... ya know~

Happy Birthday Austin!
WOOT!
xo