Tuesday, January 3, 2012

wherein the internet improves my life for the thousandth time

A million years ago, or maybe just 20, my best childhood friend and I grew apart. Some unpleasant pre-teen girl type things happened between us. I did something to her that is on my Top Three Most Heinous Things I’ve Done to People List somewhere around 7th or 8th grade, and then sometime toward the end of 9th grade, her family moved away. And we never talked again.

But sometime in the last half of 2011, her mom found me on facebook. I wrote back. She wrote back. I wrote to my friend. We’ll call her T. I wrote and waited. Didn’t hear back. And then she wrote back and it was all good and all like we had never not been friends.

We all got together yesterday, her, her husband and kids, me and mine. We ate and laughed and caught up a lot and remembered the trouble we got into together and fell in love with each other’s kids. I think maybe we could still be lifelong friends. Wouldn’t that be good?

5 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

More than good.

Ms. Moon said...

That would be wonderful!

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

Aww, I love this! I have a friend that I lost contact with over the years who I would love, love, love to find. Can't find her anywhere! Oy.

Petit fleur said...

Cool baby. I love hearing this kind of thing.

Kristen said...

I reconnected with my BFF from Jr. High a couple years ago now and although we don't get together often, when we do it is like no time has passed at all. Lifelong friends are definitely a good thing! :-)