Wednesday, January 25, 2012

rock on

First, I have to say that the "box" that chair came in was a conversation piece on its own. There were supplemental box shapes poking out on all sides to encapsulate the sticky-out bits of the chair. Then it was wrapped in a complete roll of box tape. Austin thought he had won the lottery of fun boxes to make buildings out of, but by the time we got the thing opened, there wasn't much usable box left. In fact, getting the box apart took longer than putting the chair together. That went lickety-split with Dan in charge.

Austin approves. It doesn't look like it will work as Dan's Chair. The back isn't high enough for him to rest his head. I like it though. Even without cushions is comfortable and has a nice rock. I told Dan he may have to build me a proper front porch to rock on. What would he do with himself if I weren't here to keep him busy?

And just for a bonus, an enormous bug as found in my kitchen. The jar is a LARGE pickle jar I use for change. I don't know what kind of bug it is. Its body was ant-like, but I don't much think it was a mama ant. Based on where the legs are attached, it doesn't look like a termite. My sister-in-law who is visiting for a couple weeks said it was a mosquito, but it didn't have that long sucker-mouth thing on the front of its face.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I should know what that bug is but do not. It is, and you may trust me on this, neither ant nor mosquito.
That rocker rocks! I love it! Let it be your chair, Mama!

Steph(anie) said...

It does look to be my chair :)

I like the bug's splaying out antennae.

Bobbie Leigh said...

The box is hilarious! My kids would have had a field day with it.

Petit fleur said...

Ok, did Austin grow like 3 feet since Halloween or what? He looks so grown up all of a sudden! Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but man he seems to have sprouted.

Chair is coolness.
xo

Steph(anie) said...

BL - It was QUITE the box :)

PF - He is taller. And I'm afraid to say this too loudly... but he's thinning out a little too.