Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What is there to say?

My parents have moved in part-time with my grandparents to be there at night in case anything happens with Grandpa. He's had a rough couple of months. My mom and I text back and forth about when they are heading home, when they are going back, whether I need to get their mail or feed the cat (that used to be mine). The whole crew went out to dinner last night and he is so very frail looking, but still living. Still bruised from his fall a month and a half ago. Still giving each of the kids $5 every time he sees them. Still eating and sleeping (sometimes) and waking.

.::.

The husband of one of my coworkers just died. He was maybe 50 years old. I am so heartbroken for her and her family, their kids and grandkid.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am heartbroken for our friend and their family too. :-(

Ms. Moon said...

I am glad for you that your grandfather has been a source of such joy in your life and still is.
I hope he lives until he doesn't want to any more and then goes quickly and easily.
I don't know why people die. I just know we all do.

Petit fleur said...

That is heartbreaking.

Glad Grandpa seems to be hangin in there. I can't believe it's been that long since his fall. It feels (from here) like it just happened. Time is whizzing by.

Take care.
xo