Saturday, December 3, 2011

sweet talker

Austin: Mom, you're not sad, are you?
Mama: Why do you say that, bud?
Austin: You can't be sad, you're just so beautiful*.

Mama's just worried about Great Grandpa.

.::.

*I'm a bit off my game today. First, it occured to me sometime after the conversation above that Austin may have said useful where I heard/typed beautiful. He has recently rediscovered Thomas, and the highest compliment an engine can be paid is that they are a really useful engine. So it was still sweet of him. I think.

Second, I set out to make myself some green tea. After it steeped, the color seemed darker than usual, but I didn't think too much of it. But it didn't taste right either. I had to go confirm that I had in fact made black tea by digging in the trash can for my tea bag.

.::.

After being home just a few days, Grandpa's back in the hospital. He told the ambulance guys that he thought he was dying. His pulse and blood pressure are good though, so we don't really know what's going on right now.

Today I'm sure that there is no god. Why does an old man have to suffer and be in pain all the time? He's been a good man. A good father. Not perfect, no, but no one is. There is no god and Nature is a heartless bitch.

2 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Hi there, I found you from Ms. Moon's blog.
I think I know what you mean about there is no god. Our pain, anyone's pain, makes no sense to me either, and I go back and forth with believing and not believing. I like for things to make sense, but they don't. I'm sorry your Grandpa is having such a hard time.

Ms. Moon said...

This is one of those times when you have to think that if there is a god, it's so much bigger than to worry about what's happening here on a personal level. His eye is on the sparrow?
Whatever.
I hope your grandfather does not have to suffer much more or at all, whatever that should mean.
Oh baby.