Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I have created a monster

I had been trying to get my mom to start texting. It is so damned convenient when you just want to let someone know something quickly, but don't want to interrupt them. She was resisting though. She had it in her head that the only reason you would text a person is to avoid actually talking to them. I tried to explain to her that that wasn't really the case; it's not a great way to have an actual conversation anyway. But if you want to let your spouse (or kids or whoever) know that you already took out the trash, or picked up the mail, or let out the dog... or just to say 'I love you,' it's great.

For some reason last night she started texting me out of the blue. Er, rather, TEXTING ME. It took me forever to get through Target because I had to keep stopping to look at my phone. After a few back-and-forths, she told me that I may have created a "momster." I know she meant to type monster but I thought that was the most awesome play on words ever. I hoped that she had just coined a new phrase, but alas, I googled it and it's already a thing. Damn it.

.::.

Updated to include:

My mom just learned how to text [wiping away tears]

Kidding! I want her to text. AND NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HER.

7 comments:

Demandra said...

Not to be evil, but...um...I actually do enjoy texting as a way to avoid talking to people. Your mom might have been onto something. :P

Steph(anie) said...

Shhh...

Ms. Moon said...

Why else would you text?

Steph(anie) said...

Y'all really aren't helping :)

Petit fleur said...

That photo is hilarious! I can see how a texting momster could be a cruel and unusual type situation.

Cheers!

Steph(anie) said...

I tried to get her today by texting her that the alzheimers joke she sent me was a good one. She wrote back: Nice try I didn't send any alzheimers joke. :)

Petit fleur said...

Your mom sounds like corker! You both are crackin me up.
xo