Saturday, November 12, 2011

Not much doubt there: Languages of Love

I followed the good doctor's link over to the 5 Love Languages Assessment. A friend of mine who comments here sometimes (Hi, Kristen!) had recommended that book to me sometime back, but I hadn't gotten around to reading it... this assessment tells me I maybe should. (I took the assessment 'for wives'. Now I would like Dan to take the one for husbands.)

Score   Love Language
5Words of Affirmation
9Quality Time
1Receiving Gifts
5Acts of Service
10   Physical Touch

Interpreting and Using Your Profile Score:

The highest score indicates your primary love language (the highest score is 12). It’s not uncommon to have two high scores, although one language does have a slight edge for most people. That just means two languages are important to you. (Physical Touch and Quality Time are CLEAR winners for me. This rings true, but still surprises me to see it so clearly in a score.)

The lower scores indicate those languages you seldom use to communicate love and which probably don’t affect you very much on an emotional level. (Um, hello, no gifts for me.)

2 comments:

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

A friend recently recommended this book to me!

Steph(anie) said...

The most enlightening thing for me about this assessment is that Dan much better at meeting my primary Love Language needs than I am at meeting his. His primary language is Words of Affirmation (is this a male ego thing or what?) and that is definitely one of my weaker areas. Trying to be aware and improve.