Tuesday, November 29, 2011

hint, hint

If anyone out there doesn't know what to give me for Christmas (Dan), this light fixture made out of an old guitar body caught my eye.

Or, you know, get all crafty and whip one up for me. I think it would look very good in the dining room where we already have some creative lighting and hanging guitars. Yes?

I'm mostly kidding. I LOVE the idea, but NO ONE should spend that much on me for Christmas. Especially not anyone who has a joint checking account with me.

And this is why I'm hard to buy for. I say I like something, but don't you dare buy it. There's just no winning.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You know what would also look cool? Tiny strings of lights where the old strings would have gone. You can probably buy some shitbeat old guitar at a pawn shop or flea market for cheap.

Steph(anie) said...

Ms. Moon, that is a fecking great idea!

Demandra said...

I am so sorry to do this to you, but me thinks you might dig this guy's work: www.etsy.com/shop/dolangeiman

Etsy routinely effs up my attempts at frugal living. I just have to share the madness. And I will stop commenting madly for today!

Steph(anie) said...

Demandra, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you :)

There is some VERY cool stuff in that shop and I kept finding a new *favorite*.

Demandra said...

I know! I'm so sorry. But I'm evil like that. :D Of course my favorite stuff in his shop is a few thousand dollars. Insert dramatic sigh.