Friday, November 25, 2011

Given

Grandpa spent his Thanksgiving being admitted to the hospital with colitis. It felt wrong to have Thanksgiving without him and my grandmother and my cousin David who drove them to the hospital, but it felt wrong to cancel too. I asked my mom what she thought and we charged ahead with the dozen people who were still here to eat all that food. We sent a batch of food home for Grandma and David and another batch to my neighbor who had to work while the rest of her family ate with us. It was good, but sad too.

Today I was loading the dishwasher for the fourth time in 24 hours and remembered I was thankful to have a dishwasher.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

We take what we can get.
I hope your grandpa is better and home soon, Steph. I do.

All This Trouble... said...

Colitis is no fun. I hope he recovers soon.

Petit fleur said...

I'll say a prayer for your grandpa.

Thankful for dishwashers also.
xo