Wednesday, November 23, 2011

cranberry recipe

People all over the interwebs are sharing recipes these days, so here's my super simple cranberry recipe. It could not be easier. It retains a beautiful red berry color and is very yummy, just the right balance of tart and a little sweet. It's based loosely on a recipe I got out of Sunset magazine many years ago, but I shortened the cooking time (which improved the texture) and made some other tweaks, mostly eliminating things (the original called for orange zest, orange liqueur and more sugar).

12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
½ cup orange juice

Heat oven to 350°. Rinse berries. Mix all ingredients in an 8x8 baking dish. Bake for about 30 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a pretty bowl and serve at room temperature.

2 comments:

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

That sounds delicious. Absolutely delicious.

All This Trouble... said...

I've never once made cranberry sauce from scratch. I always enjoyed those slices my Mom made off the ol' canned cranberry sauce but it may be time to move past that. Next year is a new year!