Sunday, November 27, 2011

a chili by any other name

Dan informed me that the chili I made today was NOT chili at all because it had no chilies or chili powder in it (I had none in the house and preferred to improvise rather than go to the store). He said it was bean stew. I argued that that is what chili is (assuming your chili has beans in it). My CHILI contained the following:

pinto beans
onion
green bell pepper
cumin
cayenne pepper
black pepper
salt
canned diced tomatoes
leftover turkey

Come to think of it, maybe it was pepper stew. Whatever.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Whatever is right. I'll bet it was delicious!

Petit fleur said...

Men can be such gonads!

I'm with Ms Moon, I'll bet was yummy.
xo

Solitary Diner said...

Sounds tasty regardless of what you call it.

Demandra said...

Um, call me crazy, but isn't cayenne pepper a chili? As in, a chili pepper? BAM! He's done been schooled. :P

Steph(anie) said...

You guys are awesome :)