Friday, November 4, 2011

change of plans OR how to piss off Mama

We were gonna do Maya's birthday up right. The plan was to have party on Saturday the 12th and then she and I were going to play hooky on Monday the 14th (her actual birthday) and go to Disneyland, just the two of us.

And then Dan and I got this email from her teacher:

Maya says that she was too busy cleaning the house to do her math homework last night. This is the 3rd or 4th time that Maya has been too busy to do her homework. She loses 10 points per assignment.

Would you please speak to her about the importance of doing and turning in homework?

Thank you.

Cleaning the house? Ha-fucking-HA!

I wrote back and explained that we ask Maya every night whether she has homework and she says no. I thought she was getting it done during her study period. I also told him that if he came to the house he would see she was busy doing no such thing! It's a freaking pigsty. I was disappointed that he waited until the "3rd or 4th time" it happened, but can only imagine that he thought he was contacting the evil slave-driving parents of poor little Cinderella and implying that we need to change our parenting ways of prioritizing chores over homework.

I thanked him for letting us know and told him to contact us any time. Dan told him to give her more homework.

I talked to Maya about the importance of doing her homework and of NOT LYING TO HER PARENTS AND HER TEACHER.

So skipping school on her birthday is OUT. Disneyland is OUT. And the party is canceled. I couldn't not to anything for her birthday, so we decided we would go to a place that has mini golf and an arcade and she can take ONE friend. I said no friends, family only, but Dan said she should take a friend and I told her she needed to thank her daddy for that.

Oh, and we'll be spending the holiday on Friday the 11th CLEANING THE FUCKING HOUSE. (We would have been doing that anyway, for the party. But you know, I'm PISSED now so it will be extra fun.)

So much for the rainbows and unicorns.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. That's a new one on me. Cleaning the house? Oh boy.

Petit fleur said...

Oh... oh my my my...

It's hard being a mommy sometimes. They not only say but DO the darndest things those kiddos.

I am sorry about the rainbows and unis though. That did sound puffy and sweet.
xo PS When your done with your house, put her on a plane to the panhandle and she can do mine too. Then I'll send her home safe and sound... and with a bunny!