Monday, October 10, 2011

I am so full of shit

Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to do it. I don't think I'll be eating wild rabbit from my backyard unless the shit really hits the fan.

If I lose my job, deplete all my resources, then maybe. Last resort.

You know why? It occurred to me that they have paws. The paws gave me pause. (Good Lord, I apologize, that was terrible.)

Scales? You bet.
Feathers? Bring it.
Hooves? Lemme light the grill.*
Paws? Um... I dunno.

Too cuddly I guess. Fuck me.

*Yeah, I'm still lying. I don't care for steak or any meat on the bone. I prefer my beef ground and my chicken shredded. It should look as little like it came from an animal as possible. That should tell me something. I really don't like the idea of eating animals at all. Just not ready to give up my (occasional) hamburger, canned tuna and chicken tacos. Again.

.::.

The kids and I were watching Nickelodeon, as we do so often, and they played a sound bite from Victoria Justice about being a Latina and how Latinos/Hispanics "really" like food. Um, doesn't everyone? Is there a culture out there that says no, no food for us. Some religions require fasts for different reasons at different times, but we all like food. Don't we? We just like different foods. Our food.

3 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Oh MY GOD! You are so hilarious! I was cracking up through this whole bit!

I liked the paws part... that's how twisted I am.

No, no food for us. Blaaaaahahahaha!

Rabbits is cuties. We have had pet bunnies for a long time. They are rascally!
xo

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

While traveling in Greece, a guy told me that in the markets there, skinned rabbits are always displayed with the fur still on one paw. So people can rest assured they are not cats.
I grew up eating all kinds of creatures. Now I feel that I've had my quota of meat.
I just ate lobster for three days straight though. Even that is a bit creepy for me, but oh, that meat.

Steph(anie) said...

PF - you are twisted ;)

DEC - Are you back in CA? I can't wait to read about the wedding!