Monday, September 19, 2011

What had I done?

I had decided to return to the family farm. There was some sneakery required on my part. I had to be present by a certain date to claim it, and someone didn’t want me there. I pulled my wagon full of supplies (seeds and various implements) up to the back gate and had to make a run for it. (There must have been horses involved...)

Unbeknownst to me, as my wagon rattled over the ruts in the fields, rotten, malicious spirits the size of garden gnomes were being scattered all over the fields, spilling over the sides of my wagon as I raced toward the farm house.

It was getting dark as we gathered around the dinner table in the farm house. I took some time looking at old family photos and antique furniture; feeling satisfied that I had done it. I was there.

I looked out the window and saw the damage that the malicious spirits were already beginning to cause on the fields. In great distress, I asked my advisor and elder what was happening. She told me that she knew that this would happen, but didn’t tell me because it had to be done -- I was meant to be there and whatever damage the spirits caused was something I would just have to deal with.

I was not confident at all that it had been the right thing to do and blamed myself for what I was afraid would be unrecoverable.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Every culture has wee-folk.
I cannot say more than that.
I think this dream is very interesting and very telling of what you want and what you fear.
Bless you, honey. The dreams haunt me as well.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

That's a wowser of a dream there, buddy.

I love you.

Petit fleur said...

Strange... How did you feel when you woke up? What was your mood, your sense of what happened?

Sometimes they make more sense to me from a distance... after I've been awake for a while and have time to let it settle.

Peace,
me

Steph(anie) said...

PF - I was in the dumps most of the day.

Petit fleur said...

Sorry to hear it. Sounds like your afraid that you either will make some mistake in the future or have set the groundwork for it... who knows what it actually means though?

Some dreams are just us playing out our fears.

I hope you are feeling better.
xo