Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A red rooster crows a little Mexican tune on the chain link fence by the gate

It has finally started to cool off enough at night that we can open the windows and get some fresh air. Which means I hear the neighbor's rooster first thing in the morning... or all night when there's a full moon. That rooster must not be as smart as Elvis. Anywho, I get this song stuck in my head every stinking morning now. Good thing I like Los Lobos so much.

A red rooster crows
A little Mexican tune
On the chain link fence by the gate
Somebody's daddy's out there
Honkin' on the horn
Hurry up, you're gonna make him late
I gotta say one, two, three more things before I go on

Good Morning Aztlán

5 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

I received your email. I am working on a thoughtful response. But I'm really REALLY slow when it comes to being thoughtful.

:o)

Steph(anie) said...

No rush. I believe these wise words were yours:

If you think it absolutely can't wait, it should.

Ms. Moon said...

Well, we can't all have roosters as fine as Elvis now, can we?

Steph(anie) said...

Indeed :) You are a lucky chicken mama.

Petit fleur said...

I second ms moon's comment. and also, this is a funny post! :-)