Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ya just never know

... what might come in the mail around here.

Our mail lady, who has become a good friend of the family, showed up at our door the other day with this baby bird. It had fallen out of its nest and when she found it there was no mama bird to be found. She didn't want the poor thing to get too hot in her truck so she left it with us until she finished her route. Austin and Maya were very sad when the little guy had to go leave. All we know is that it is some kind of bird of prey... a hawk or falcon perhaps.

This vintage glass Arrowhead water bottle with crate caught my eye months ago at my favorite antique place. It may just be my most unusual vintage purchase ever (large and not very practical), but I have a real thing for glass. Anyway, I had seen it and not purchased it twice, but it was still bopping around in my head. So when I went back today and saw that the stall it was in was having a Fourth of July sale... well, welcome home dahling.

6 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Welcome indeed.

That little tweeter is so ugly it's adorable!! I hope he/she makes it.

Have a funtabulous 4th.
xo

Ms. Moon said...

Oh, that little pinfeathered-baby bird!
And that bottle? I would have totally bought it. Terrarium? Fish habitat? Just a gorgeous thing to look at?

Mwa said...

That is the cutest bird!

I'm finally going to buy some art as well. Soon. I think my beloved interwebbies (including you) have finally given me enough nerve to make my own choices. If you can all do it, so can I!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

The bird baby is cute as hell. I hope he/she survives.

Steph(anie) said...

Uggh, I dread posting this, so I'll chicken out and do it in the comments... the little bird didn't make it. Injuries proved too great.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

What a damn shame. He was so cute.