Wednesday, June 1, 2011

watch your step

While scouting a spot to plant a(nother) loquat tree given to me by a coworker, I stepped on a used, rusty horseshoe that was lying in wait in the weeds with its nails pointing UP. The wound itself isn't bad, but I went to urgent care to get a tetanus shot just in case.

But wait a minute, I'm sure you must be thinking to yourself, does Stephanie even have horses?

NO! I do not!

I do, however, have a heaping pile of rusty horseshoes and a husband who fancies himself some kind of Renaissance Man who must own every tool ever invented and random crap that he may or may not weld into Great Art. Or at least a coat rack.

So after I got home from urgent care [where I was told that my blood pressure was a little high (no shit, I was pissed)], I put on my big girl boots and some gloves and picked up the horseshoes. My own mother said at least it was me that stepped on it and not one of the kids. Thanks, Mom. Not that I disagree, but if we're rooting for anyone to step on a rusty nail that used to hold a piece of iron onto the bottom of a horse's hoof, shouldn't it be Dan?

But karma is not to be avoided. He broke his toe while trying to get to bed in the dark. Don't think I didn't laugh at him.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You are so evil. Not really. I'd be pissed too.

All This Trouble... said...

Broken toes are always good for a laugh. And now you're both lame, you're even. Right?

Petit fleur said...

"Not that I disagree, but if we're rooting for anyone to step on a rusty nail that used to hold a piece of iron onto the bottom of a horse's hoof, shouldn't it be Dan?"

That had me rolling! You crack me up. My man claims that all men belong to the Buffoon club... I cannot argue with that logic.

A commiserating side note.. I remember biting my tongue as a child and my mother saying... and I quote "Better you than me honey!" and actually giggled a little!!! Do suppose it's a generational thing??

Hope you're stepping good soon.
xo

Steph(anie) said...

MM - Sometimes.

ATT - Even.

PF - I only laugh when other people get hurt.

Mwa said...

Ouch. You were SO right to laugh.