Tuesday, May 31, 2011

putting his foot down

Last night, Austin asked me if I would be taking the disc out of Daddy's neck. I told him that no, a doctor would do it. A very good doctor.

He then told me that he wanted to go to the doctor with Daddy. I said that I was going with Daddy and it would be better if he stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. No, he argued. He wanted to go with Daddy to the doctor.

I told him that it's very boring at the doctor. He'd have more fun with Grandma. Again, he insisted. Okay, I said. You can come meet the doctor.

Maybe we'll take him to the pre-op. Or maybe just wait until after the surgery to visit.

2 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Austin is a good kid. He obviously worries.

Love you, Steph.

Petit fleur said...

Ouch. Poor little guy. Sounds like he needs to see for himself what the goings on are. I get that, and yet, I feel for you. It's hard to have a wee one in a situation like that.

Good luck to all of you.
xo