Monday, April 4, 2011

That's the Way Love Goes

One of my most powerful memories from childhood is my grandma singing all the time. Especially if she was working in the kitchen (which frankly, she hated hates to do). But for the life of me, I don't think I could name one song she would sing right now. I do remember her teaching me How Much is that Doggie in the Window, but I don't think that was what she would sing to herself...

Anyway, I heard this song the other day (not for the first time but it had been some time) and while I don't think it was one she would have sung (she says country music is too sad) I can imagine myself singing this in the kitchen into my old age.

In fact, when Austin didn't go to sleep right away last night after we read his three favorite books, I asked him if he wanted me to sing a song and this is the one I sang. Knocked him right out.

3 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

Did you do the whoah whoah whoah part? Did Dan step in with horns? That would've been awesome.

This is all the music of my childhood so I figure I'll sing it when I'm old too.

Steph(anie) said...

Yes to the whoah whoah, no to the horns :)

Petit fleur said...

My grandma used to hum. I don't know if she every hummed an actual tune, or if she just meander-hummed.

I liked it too.
xo