Thursday, March 31, 2011

slow burn

So if you hate to read what random people like me have to say about music they like, please just skip this post. If, on the other hand, you have liked any of the music I have posted through the months, please indulge the following love fest.

Sigh. The first time I heard of Bob Schneider was when his song 40 Dogs hit the radio about two years ago. I liked the song, but didn't take too much notice. My husband Dan on the other hand liked the song so much that he played it on repeat until I threatened to kill him if he played it again. Like, we had an actual fight about it.

Since that time I had listened to the whole record (Lovely Creatures) that included 40 Dogs, but again didn't really feel it right away.

But. BUT. When his new single from his upcoming record hit my favorite radio station and OH MY GAWD. Something just clicked and I have turned into some kind of god damn adolescent Bob Schneider groupie.

The fact that he is not hard on the eyes at all doesn't hurt anything. If I had seen this photo when it was taken several years ago I might have hit the road to Austin TX and never even met Dan... good thing I didn't, huh?

(Just an aside -- I may or may not have named my son after this TV show. It is that embedded in my psyche from childhood.)

Oh Dear Lord. Bob and a trumpet. Two of my favorite things. I need to go outside and cool off now.

3 comments:

Petit fleur said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!

I love the samba-ska like sound, it's really odd. It would be great in a sound track too. makes me imagine things. Although, I have to say, I am not fond of his trumpeting. It sounds really off to me. But that might be what he's going for.

All in all I dig it! Thanks for the tip. I'll pass it along.
xo

Steph(anie) said...

Hiya PF! One thing I failed to mention was that he makes music in a great variety of styles and is someone that can't really be confined to one genre.

I tend to like some funky trumpet players, but he probably sounds a little better on the studio recordings.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Never heard of him. Fucker is CUTE.