Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's the opposite of irony?

I should know better than to read the comments on the news stories about Lori, but this one was too good to ignore.

THE DECAYING OF A SOCIETY: SIGNS OF THE END TIMES

Yes, I know, I know there are the psuedo-intellectual atheists out there choking on their bong pipes as they read this post (in between their junior college classes that they've been taking for the last 15 years or so). But the reality is humanity is becoming more and more barbaric. Senseless murdering and violence are becoming more and more common. Atrocious and demented acts are a thing of daily occurrence where most now barely raise an eye brow to such acts. More and more we have or are quickly becoming desensitized to such horrific acts. The bible clearly states the signs of end times where evil will be good and good will be evil (hence the liberal atheists who support abortion and other senseless acts), and most will be unable to distinguish between the two.

Yes, this may very well sound like southern Baptist bible thumping preaching, but it's true.

First of all, this commenter uses this horrible occurrence as an example of the coming end times... considering the fact that Lori allegedly believed the world would end in 2012 and that was [part of] why she did it is just so... well it's making my brain twist around back on itself like a pretzel that's about to be crushed under some shit-kickin boots.

Second, this commenter described me to a T in that first sentence... a pseudo-intellectual atheist that's been taking junior community college courses for 15 years. I almost fell out of my chair. It's like he knows me.

Apparently, finding humor in inappropriate places is my coping mechanism of choice these days.

6 comments:

Mwa said...

People actually write stuff like that in the States? Jeez! (He's describing me as well, I think.)

Steph(anie) said...

Nah, not you. You actually have a degree or two. I'm just a loser floating from class to class with no end in sight.

All This Trouble... said...

Don't forget your bongs, ladies.

Steph(anie) said...

They do say that bong pipes lead to memory loss.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Dipshit motherfucking commenter. That's all I've got to say about that.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Boy, there's a whole lot of compassion from the commenters, isn't there? I just went over and read them.