Wednesday, February 9, 2011

probably no

Jury deliberations continue today in the sanity phase of Lori's trial. There are moments when the darker side of my sense of humor peeks through and I wonder whether it would be in bad taste to take bets on the issue. (Of course it would be in bad taste, that's part of what makes it funny.)

Anyhoo, I'll get the ball rolling. I am no legal expert, but I don't think the defense's case that she was "legally" insane went all that well. So I think they will decide she was sane. Anyone care to take that bet?

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I keep saying this- how could anyone who did what she did be anything BUT insane?

Steph(anie) said...

NO ARGUMENT HERE, but... The legal definition of "insane" is, in this context, quite different from psychiatric definitions of "mentally ill"...

All This Trouble... said...

Well. I think they will determine she was sane. That's what I think they will say.

Steph(anie) said...

Well, bets will have to close now. It seems they've reached a verdict... though I don't know yet what it is.