Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I guess that's that

Key points from today's minutes (emphasis added):

AS TO COUNT 1 [MURDER]:
JURY FINDS THE DEFENDANT SANE AT THE TIME THE OFFENSE WAS COMMITTED PURSUANT TO 1026 PENAL CODE.
AS TO COUNT 2 [Asslt on Child w Injury/Death]:
JURY FINDS THE DEFENDANT SANE AT THE TIME THE OFFENSE WAS COMMITTED PURSUANT TO 1026 PENAL CODE.
REPORT AND SENTENCE HEARING SET ON 04/08/2011.

I don't know why I would be surprised that the sentencing won't happen until April, but it sure seems like a long way off. I do feel relief that this is over, but I think I will feel more settled when sentencing and transport have happened and she is wherever she will be.

2 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

How they can think anyone who did what she did was sane is beyond me.

Mwa said...

Big hug to you. I can't formulate a decent comment because it's such an enormous thing. x