Friday, February 11, 2011

every freaking day

I mean, who wouldn't want to come home to this? I try. I really try not to go all chauvinistic-male-1950s-husband on Dan. I don't want to be all, I work all day and you damn well better clean this place up...

But damn it, I do work all day. And I get that he has health issues and is in pain much of the time. I do. But he can't even get his Pepsi cans into the recycle for fuck's sake.

I am grateful to him, I am. He gets the kids to school and back home everyday and makes sure Maya does her homework. I am grateful to not have to worry about that. But I would give my left testicle (if I had one) to be home with my kids. And I would wager a guess that on my worst day I would get more done around the house than he does on his best day.

Maya had practice last night for a performance they're doing at church, and by the time we got home at 8:30, there was not one clean spoon in the house with which to eat ice cream. We have 24 place settings. Twenty-four. AND THEY WERE ALL DIRTY. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN IN JUST A COUPLE DAYS? So I loaded the dishwasher and ate my ice cream with a serving spoon.

NOTE: I'm venting here. No slamming Dan for being a lazy bum in the comments.

.::.

While Maya was at practice I was reading this book. I really really like it. It's reminding me of all the things that I like and appreciate about Buddhism (and surfers). I think it's going to be good for me.

I'm actually reading the Kindle Edition on my phone. The clouds parted and a choir of angels sang as the light shone down. I always have my phone (so I don't have to remember to take the book with me) and it saves my place for me (no bookmark-receipts falling out)... awesome.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

men are different.

glad you found a book you like. i just finished one; good enough to read, but not so good that nothing will measure up to it.

Mwa said...

I can have Kindle on my phone??? Genius.

As for the dishes, I'm quite bad at that so now I feel guilty and must do better.

Ms. Moon said...

Just saying...I'd bitch too.