Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wow. Really?

Well today's article is, hands down, my favorite. Her defense is that she heard a song on the radio (and not even a good one) that she believed was God telling her to do it. (Is her lawyer even trying to come up with anything good? Has that defense worked for anyone in the last 30 years?)

Meanwhile, the prosecution says it was a combination of her rage toward men and her use of marijuana and vicodin. Let me tell you, if that was all it took to make someone a murderer, half the people I know would be dead. (Not killed by me mind you. I can't take vicodin. It makes me puke.)

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_D_burchett25.1b3ca69.html

I should note here that I am not rooting for her to be freed or let off the hook in any way. She will be locked up for a very long time whether it is in a mental institution or a jail. I just think these lawyers are acting like morons.

10 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

How can anyone who did that be anything but insane? I mean, come on. And intelligence has nothing to do with it. Nothing.

Steph(anie) said...

Right, like she's too smart to be crazy.

michelle said...

seems to me psychosis=insanity regardless if it's due to schizophrenia or drug use.

this makes my stomach hurt

xoxoxo

Steph(anie) said...

No shit. I'm sorry.

I added a link to the song, and the song itself is laughable.

Petit fleur said...

A good friend of mine used to say, "intelligence has nothing to do with human behavior". I believe it.

Lori is most certainly unstable, and clearly not in her right mind at the time of the crime. And yet...Sigh.

Hang in there.

All This Trouble... said...

I googled the song earlier. The kids thought it was danceable.

Some of the smartest people I know are the most ill prepared to cope with daily life and all of its stresses.

Steph(anie) said...

PF - Yes.

ATT - Laughable and danceable are NOT mutually exclusive.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I'm very interested in how this all turns out.

Steph(anie) said...

You and me both, babe.

Mwa said...

What a terrible, terrible situation.