Thursday, January 13, 2011

testimony begins

Okay folks, this is some heavy stuff. For those of you who have been following the Lori saga here, her husband and oldest son had to testify in court yesterday. There was at least one member of the press there and you can read the article here. I really wish they hadn't used her son's full name. His step dad (Lori's husband) had managed to keep his last name out of the press until now.

One thing not mentioned in that article, but that was listed in the publicly available court minutes online, was that one of the pieces of evidence submitted was a goblet or chalice type item. That combined with the article's reference to her alleged belief that the world would end in 2012, and the fact that many articles now have said that the baby was disemboweled is enough, I think, that I can say here now that what will probably come out of this whole thing is that this was a human sacrifice.

Now, my personal opinion is that there is no way she could be anything other than insane if that is the case (or at least was insane at the time). Of course I am no doctor and the jury will get to decide whether she is indeed not guilty by reason of insanity. The next few weeks will have to play out before we know whether she will spend the rest of her life in jail or who knows where.

So I guess I'll leave you with a request for thoughts of love, light and peace for Lori's husband and surviving children. And for Lori too, if you can. I cannot make peace with what happened, but I also cannot forget what a good friend she was to me in the years prior to this terrible event.

4 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

What is that they say about certain things defying human understanding? I don't and can't understand. I hurt for this entire family.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jesus, Steph. How unbelievable.

You know I love you.

michelle said...

Oh lord. I have no words. The whole thing is just so sad, for everyone.

xoxoxo

Petit fleur said...

Hang in there Steph. Deep breaths. Keep going to Yoga.
xoxo