Tuesday, January 4, 2011

never say never -- especially on a blog

My exact words were, “I dreamed that night that I was driving a large SUV, something I will never own…”

I typed those words right here on this very blog. HA!

Ha-fucking-ha.

Dan decided the cab of his Toyota truck wasn’t big enough to be comfortable for him and the kids anymore. So he started looking for an SUV. And for credit and income reasons, we had to get the loan in my name. So I am now the proud owner of this beast.

A freaking Suburban. If there is a hell for ecologically wicked, I am going there. The things we do for love, huh?

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Yep. Never say never. Now you can haul a boat!

Kori said...

I actually love that and am slightly jealous. I would MUCH rather have that than a mini-van, for sure! :)

michelle said...

So... If it's used it has way less ecologic impact than a new hybrid.

That's what I tell myself when I'm tempted to replace my minivan with a used black Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.

I can rationalize anything

xoxoxo

Steph(anie) said...

Michelle, I LOVE Wranglers... I blame Daisy Duke.

And it is used, so there you go :)

Mwa said...

That looks SO American to me. Our cars are positively dinky compared to that. I have a little Toyota Corolla. It's just not the European way to get big monster trucks like that, but they are slowly creeping in.

Steph(anie) said...

That's because Europeans are smarter than Americans. Yeah, I said it.