Wednesday, December 22, 2010

no sunlight

It just keeps raining.

No major water related issues at our house (knock on wood), just the minor annoyances of mud tracked into the house by wet, stinky dogs and kids that are stir crazy from not going outside. OUTSIDE OUTSIDE THEY NEED THEIR OUTSIDE.

Ironic that in a place where it "never rains," we were in the middle of several days of rain when a lunar eclipse happened on the winter solstice for the first time in nearly 400 years. Not that I would have been up that time of night anyway. I'm allergic to the dark. When the sun goes down, I fade fast.

Speaking of fading fast, the best thing I can say about the solstice is that the days can only get longer from here.

2 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

I'm a teensy bit off my schedule as of late. I was up for the eclipse. Very cloudy here too. I could not detect the reddish color shown in photos but 3/4 of the show was visible to me.

Mwa said...

We just have snow right now. Which gets old after a while. At least this year, so far, no burst pipes. I hope you all get outside soon!