Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mouse House

A few days ago I moved a box that I had gotten from my mom’s house and noticed mouse shit in the bottom. Was the mouse shit from her house, I wondered. Surely one of us would have noticed when she handed me the empty box, just as I had noticed first thing when I picked it up this time. But I don’t have mice in my house, so it must be from her house.

Two days ago, picking up dirty clothes in the kids’ bathroom, a little bitty baby mouse shoots across the floor after I disturb its napping place. Eeeeeek. Now, I am no chicken, normally. But I DO NOT like mice IN MY HOUSE. I jump into the bathtub and holler for Dan to come quick. I tell Dan not to kill him, but the little bugger scoots through a tiny hole under the toe-kick of the vanity before Dan can grab him with his gloved hand.

Last night, watching a movie, my furry little friend scuttles across the living room floor as if to say, “hi there, don’t mind me, just going to find some nibbles. Cheerio.”

Today, one dead [pregnant] mama mouse in an old-school, snap-their-necks trap. I’m thinking this electric lovely may be a worthy investment. This isn't the first time we've had this problem, and it won't be the last as long as we live here.

6 comments:

Kori said...

See, I am not a particularly fearful type person, but mice freak me the f*#ck out. I am SO with you on that one.

Ms. Moon said...

You did note that neither bacon bits of peanut butter come WITH the device, right?
(I'd need about ten of these for my house.)

Steph(anie) said...

Kori - I like them fine OUTside... but in the house they give me the willies.

Mary - I know, right? If if just came with the peanut butter, it would be totally worth it, but as is, it's just too much :)

Petit fleur said...

So, that is like an electric chair for mice? Yech! All they want is some nibbles, after all... hee hee!
xo

All This Trouble... said...

I found a lovely mole trap at the Goodwill and thought of you. Maybe I'll post a picture. The mice and rats and other larger creatures were rampant in Louisiana. They'd harvest and lay the land by and before you knew it, your house was host to all the critters displaced from 80 acres of land.

Mwa said...

Freaky. We had a mouse climb our curtains once, with a cat sitting underneath. That was fun.

Good luck exterminating!