Wednesday, December 22, 2010

awe

In need of some armchair travel, I picked up a copy of Sunset magazine's current special issue, Amazing West. It is full of some really beautiful photographs of the places that make the western U.S. special.

This photo is from Sequoia National Park. Look close and you will see people at the bottom of that photo. Extrapolate from that the size of that tree center frame. I seriously just cannot get my head around how huge that thing is. I've never been up to see Sequoia, but it is a dream of mine. Some day I'll get there.

4 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

That doesn't look real. Joe's been across the country and to see this. I want to see this. So much.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Stunning!

Love to you and the fam,

SB

michelle said...

Reminds me that we are such pip squeaks and we're screwing things up so badly.

Sorry for the lack of holiday cheer :)

xoxoxo

Petit fleur said...

So beautiful. Sequoias are so magnificent.

Happy Christmas to you and Dan and the fabulous kiddos.

Love,
pf