Monday, November 22, 2010

tired but enjoying it in spite of myself

I was going to write something about Thanksgiving, but it would probably end up word-for-word the same as the one I wrote last year because that's just how we do it.

So, some housekeeping and catch-up instead.

Lori had a court hearing the same day that my mother-in-law died in surgery. Yet another continuance. This time at the request of the defence. Things will pick up again in January. If they actually finish this time (and that's a BIG if) and if they do it as quickly as they can, best case scenario, everything will be done in time for the second anniversary of her arrest (and her son's death). I have my doubts.

I still need to download the pictures we took the day of my mother-in-law's funeral last week. But you may have to take my word for it that the kids looked beautiful. My mom made Austin a pinstriped vest and pants to match that he wore with a black dress shirt. Maya wore a very cute dark grey Calvin Klein dress. Dan wore jeans to his own mother's funeral (which was held at a church and a national/military cemetary). That's my husband, god love him.

We still have houseguests, and it's been fun visiting with Dan's oldest sister, her daughter and a friend of hers, but my house is full to bursting and my bank account has run dry from feeding the extra bodies, two of whom really like to eat. But we sit up late nights playing cards and laughing our asses off, so that makes up for it.

And just 33 days 'til Christmas! Ha!

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Ah, honey. Sweet times in sorrow.
Christmas? I had an epiphany this morning- I am not a Christian. Why should I celebrate what is a retail holiday anyway?
I may not.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I'm broke, too, love. I suck at managing money. The only part of X-mas I like is the lights.

Love you.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Oh, and the booze!

Petit fleur said...

You said the C word~~ AAAAAH!

Would love to see Austin in his pin stripes. sounds too cute.
xo