Thursday, November 18, 2010

it's done

As Ms. Chapman says in the song below, the bucket is kicked, the body is gone.

There's still so much to do following my mother-in-law's death. Unfortunately for him, most of that burden falls on Dan. Her apartment must be emptied, her belongings given, sold and donated as appropriate. Family from out of state will begin to go home tomorrow and will all be gone by next Tuesday. Thanksgiving may be hard for him. Christmas will be without a doubt.

Yesterday at the funeral, I saw my brother-in-law for the first time since he had some very serious health problems this year. I held onto him and told him it was so good to see him. No pretext (from me) about wishing it were under better circumstances, it was just really, really good to have him there -- alive.



Tracy Chapman - Say Hallelujah

I posted this video a few months back, but it's just too good not to post now. I love the tempo and need something like this as antidote for sadness.

3 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Big hugs to all of you. I'm here.

Petit fleur said...

I just watched/listened to the video. Wow. She is just great. I love her love her love her.. and I'd not heard that song before. Thanks for turning me on again.

Hope things are settling down some.
xo

All This Trouble... said...

I feel so bad for Dan. For all of you. But music and love and everyday life will patch things up when the time is right.