Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Family is a Sexually Transmitted Disease

My mother-in-law is in the hospital and will probably be having a triple bypass in the next 24 hours or so. She had gone in for a angiogram and the blockage etc. they saw was cause for considerable concern.

It goes without saying (doesn't it? I hope.) that even though this woman has driven me crazy over the years... she's... you know... family. She raised the man I chose to spend my life with. Damn, this family stuff is hard sometimes.

(The title is someting an aunt of mine used to say.)

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

And it's a good saying. I hope your grandmother comes through with flying colors.

Petit fleur said...

Yes, it is a sexually transmitted and also fatal disease! I heard a comic say that once and I both giggled and cringed.

You are right, it is hard. I will say prayers in my way for you gma and family...Keep breathing and thinking the good thoughts. I'm here if you want to vent.
xo

Steph(anie) said...

My mother-in-law -- the kids' grandma.

Not much news today. More tests, surgery may be Thursday.

Mwa said...

I must remember that saying.
I hope your mother-in-law does well.

All This Trouble... said...

Nothing like impending surgery! Hope all goes well and SOON!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

So sorry to hear this, Steph. Hope all comes out good.

Love,

SB