Friday, October 22, 2010

This is where I grew up...

Man tells cops he has body in trunk
A man pulled up to the sheriff's Lake Elsinore station this morning, flagged down a sergeant in the parking lot and told him there was a dead body in the trunk of his car, authorities said.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_webbody.e13b05.html

.::.

When I was in elementary school, there was a series of prostitutes killed and dumped in the hills on the west side of town, overlooking my neighborhood. It's a helluva town.

Honestly though, I would live there again in spite of it all (maybe not with kids). But it's a generaly accepted fact that I am completely nuts. And I don't take shit from nobody.

7 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Oh my~ I'm glad you made it out in tact.

Funny, you don't strike me as terribly nuts... or if you are, it's mostly the good kind.

Peace,
pf

Bethany said...

tough ass steph, i love it.

Maggie May said...

unrelated: your comment at my latest post literally made me laugh out loud, and i almost NEVER actually laugh out loud when reading something online. i laughed and laughed! oh boy. if you want to title your memoir Stress Equals Loose Bowels, you have my blessing ;))))

xo

All This Trouble... said...

Does that man have the devil's address tattooed above his right eyebrow?

Elsinore is such a pretty name for a town...

Steph(anie) said...

Yeah, he's a real prize. In an updated article it said that he confessed and that she "had to die" and that she was an informant -- who he killed before turning himself in. Fucking GENIUS.

Elsinore is actually a Shakespeare reference. It's the name of the place where Hamlet lived.

Steph(anie) said...

Rather, he believed her to be an informant.

Mwa said...

I used to live in the "tough" part of town as well (not with dead bodies, though - luckily) and my mother was horrified one time when boys asked me for my money and I told them no, it's mine. I just couldn't get why she wasn't proud of me.