Monday, October 18, 2010

living dead girl OR life as a house

I have enjoyed savasana for as long as I’ve practiced yoga. The name corpse pose had my attention right off, because of both my twisted sense of humor and my inherent laziness.

Today something new happened for me in savasana. I had the sensation that being inside my body was like being inside my house. Like my spirit was distinct from my physical body, but very much inside it… and comfortable there. And even better – my breath felt just like the breeze blowing through the open windows of my house on a nice day. I love to open all the windows when the temperature is good and the breeze is blowing. I listen to the leaves rustling and just feel it, in that moment.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. That was awesome.

Petit fleur said...

Wow. Congratulations to you. Sounds like a great day for being Steph!

I love the way you described your experience. While I was reading it, just for a split second, I thought I felt it too. Thanks for sharing.

Namaste
pf

michelle said...

Yeah. What Ms. Moon said. Totally awesome

Sarcastic Bastard said...

That must have been a cool experience. I always liked corpse pose, too. I am good at it! I will be good at actual death, too.

Mwa said...

What a gem of a post!
And what a gem of a thought!

Bethany said...

wow! I want that to happen to me. I suppose I've got to try yoga then?
Very impressed and just loved the way you described this.