Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Birthday sans pictures

I turned 33 yesterday. We had big plans for my birthday weekend. Big Plans! But I plan and the RA gods laugh. My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes A LOT of medication for it. Not the least of which is an immunosuppressor, which is Latin for: now he ain’t got no immune system and when he gets sick he really gets sick, flu shot or no.

We had concert tickets, hotel reservations and zoo tickets. Dan also had bronchitis. So I sold the concert tickets, took a loss on the hotel and will hang onto the zoo tickets for another time. We spent Saturday and Monday in Urgent Care and now a man who is normally on somewhere around a million prescriptions is on about a billion prescriptions. If our house is ever burglarized, it will be the meds that get stolen in lieu of our (lack of) valuables.

My parents brought dinner over on Sunday and my mother-in-law made cupcakes for my birthday. Poor Dan ate his dinner in bed.

In spite of being sick, on Friday that sweet man put new tires on my new (to me) adult-sized tricycle!!! I found it on craigslist (that’s sort of my catchphrase these days). Yeahoo!!!

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

ah- Happy Birthday, Steph! I'm sorry it didn't work as planned. I HATE that for you. I know you would have had so much fun, getting away, going to a concert.
But I'm sending you love and birthday wishes. Late, but there nonetheless.
M

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Happy Birthday, love. Sorry the day didn't turn out as planned.

Sending you love and wishing you many, many more,

SB

Petit fleur said...

Happy Birthday to you. :-)

May said...

Happy Birthday, Steph!!! Like everyone else I'm sorry that your day didn't go as planned, but I am super impressed that you made plans all the same. I never prepare for my birthdays and I think you should. I think birthdays are the best holidays, because they are real. They are in celebration of our precious lives, and the ones we love. I hope you get to go to another concert real soon.

michelle said...

Hey. Happy Birthday! That trike is very cool.

Sorry about your plans. Hope the Man is feeling better

xoxoxo

Mwa said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry your birthday didn't work out as planned.