Friday, September 3, 2010

three more days

This last week or so, I find myself going to a place in my head that I’ve been before. It’s not a healthy place. I guess being aware and more experienced about it is a good thing, but still. I’m not quite sure what to do. For some reason I don’t especially want to go back to therapy right now.

It doesn’t help that I’m tired. And that my ear still hurts. (Or maybe that does help. I can’t spend as much time in the crazy place.) And throw in a dash of PMS, just for good measure.

Dan and I have concert tickets to see Tift Merritt, Ray LaMontagne (one of my favorites) and David Gray this weekend. I was really excited about it when I bought the tickets, but now I don’t really even feel like going. I’ll go anyway though, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it once I’m there. I just don’t have any spirit in me today.

Usually I only get this deflated when we’re flat broke, which we aren’t right now. We’re not rich or anything, but the bills are paid and we can afford food and gas. When we’re tapped I get really bummed out. But payday didn’t cheer me up this time like it usually does.

Maybe it is just this stupid earache, wearing me down more than I realize. I emailed my doctor to see if I could get a different antibiotic than last time. Hopefully I’ll get a response today.

Anyway, have a good weekend. Take care out there. All will be well here soon, I'm sure.

In fact, this might perk me up:

Okay, one more... For the Summer

2 comments:

michelle said...

Hang in there Steph

xoxoxo

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I hope the damn earache clears up.