Tuesday, August 17, 2010

confusion

This sign was on the wall in my doctor's office. It reads:

"We have not succeeded in answering all of your questions. In fact, we have not completely answered any of them. The answers we do have, however, do serve to raise a whole new set of questions about problems we had not thought of previously. In some ways we are as confused as you are, but we believe our confusion is on a higher plane and about more important matters."

What the fuck? Problems we had not thought of? Is that supposed to be comforting?

Thank god I only came in for an earache.

10 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Is that supposed to be funny? Obviously they don't teach humor in med school.

Steph(anie) said...

Right. Now, if I had seen this in an IT office, I would TOTALLY laugh. Doctor's office? Not so much.

All This Trouble... said...

Like me, you are ill and ill. This sign is just stupid. I want to punch everyone in the face. Except you because you are ill.

I hope you feel better yesterday.

Steph(anie) said...

ATT - I need some of the medicine you are on. :)

Sarcastic Bastard said...

My ass is confused. I guess that's the point? Whaaaaaaa???

Steph(anie) said...

What can I say? My doctor is such a damn genius, he can't even understand himself.

Petit fleur said...

Maybe you should consider switching doctors... :-)

Steph(anie) said...

I don't like doctors as a rule, so I don't go often :)

Mwa said...

eh?????

michelle said...

This is cracking me up.
First, it's entirely true. We don't know what the fuck we're doing. Howerever, at the very least, we should try to be reassuring. "ummm.... I dunno" usually doesn't fly so well with patients.
Your doctor must have really big balls.