Saturday, July 24, 2010

Seriously?

So there I am, flipping through a magazine my mom thought I might like (a special issue about small houses) and I come across a page about cool things for the kitchen. And there it is. The Kitchen Pencil. Just imagine: while stirring the pot, you remember that you need to pick up some vanilla extract the next time you go to the store. And guess what! There's no need to find a pencil, because YOUR WOODEN SPOON IS A PENCIL. That's right, for only $35 USD, you can have the pleasure of drizzling your hollandaise all over your thumb and wrist just to avoid the hassle of finding a pencil. Nevermind that finding a piece of paper is damn near impossible in my house. Fucking kids. Too bad it's not a ballpoint pen. That way I could just write it on my forearm like I usually do.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

I love you.
Funny mama.
LOL!

Ms. Moon said...

God. I hope the person who invented that didn't have a brain explosion after creating such a much-needed item.

michelle said...

35 bucks? Seriously? And what happens when you put it in the dishwasher?

I can never find a pen or paper either. Damn kids. Damn husband.

xoxoxo

All This Trouble... said...

I saw a 4 inch yodeling pickle for $15 in Pigeon Forge. Much better deal than this Spencil.

Petit fleur said...

Oh... MY GOD!!!!!!! That IS totally ridiculous!

But oddly I enjoyed this post! You are a funny bunny.
xo pf

adrienne said...

distractions.

i adore you.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jesus. That's all I have to say. Actually, that's all I have to say about most things. That's the sum total of my wisdom. You're welcome.

Mwa said...

Ouch. I have psychosomatic sore skin on my hand now.