Friday, July 16, 2010

bitch, moan and groan

I walk around muttering. It's hot. Why is it so hot? It's really hot. Why are you looking at me like that? Quit staring at me.

There was thunder and lightening and then a few fires started in the neighboring towns as lightening struck the dry brush. Then the rain started, but it didn't last long enough and it just evaporated as soon as it hit the ground. Like the floor of a sauna. Then the power went out and the air conditioning and ceiling fans went with it and that's when my muttering started.

Thankfully the power came back before too long (thanks to the lovely Edison workers). After the rain the air outside smelled something like a frog's ass. Or what I imagine a frog's ass would smell like.

Why do I live here? It's way too fucking hot.

Oh, right. It's home. Family. House. Job. Roots.

In a couple months the heat will pass and fall will come and I'll love it again. But right now? It's just really fucking hot.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I can really fucking relate.

michelle said...

Same up here. It's rained 3 times in the past month of 95+ temps and with each rainfall I think "finally". No such luck. The rain just makes everything feel like a steam room.

I guess I'll miss it when it's 16 degrees in February.

Stay cool

Mwa said...

I'll think of you when it's hot here the next three days. After which thank fuck we go back to normal weather.

And our really hot would probably be your trousers and socks weather.

Maggie May said...

oh God, here too.

Petit fleur said...

Hang on... and maybe invest in one of those little hand held mister fans... you can put ICE and water in them. I absolutely swear by em!

xo

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Hot here in Buttfuck, Ohio, too, babe. At least your view is probably more scenic. I only have born-again bikers to look at.

May said...

I feel you, sister. Does it feel hotter to you than last year? I feel like every year is hotter than the one before.