Friday, May 7, 2010

Two Little Feet

video

"Two Little Feet"
written by Greg Brown and performed by Karen Savoca
featured on the CD
Where We Live

I got two little feet to get me 'cross this mountain
two little feet to carry me away into the woods
two little feet, a big mountain
and a cloud comin' down
and a cloud comin' down

I hear the voice of the ancient ones
chanting magic words from a different time
well there is no time there is only this rain
there is no time, that's why I missed my plane

John Muir walked away into the mountains
in his old overcoat a crust of bread in his pocket
we have no knowledge and so we have stuff and
stuff with no knowledge is never enough to get you there

a culture exploded into knickknacks and memories
Eagle and Bear trinkets I don't think it's good
old man what am I trying to say it's a
it's a messed up world but I love it anyway

I got two little feet to get me across this city
my little hand to knock upon your door
my little thing for your little thing
and a big love to lift us up once more to the mountain
love will lift us up

tumble us like scree let us holler out our freedom like a
like a wolf across a valley like a kid lost in a game
no time no name gonna miss that plane again
and I'm gonna stay here with you baby and kiss you to a good dream
I'm goin' kiss you

I got two little feet to get me across this mountain
two little feet to carry me away into the woods
two little feet big mountain and a cloud comin' down
there's a cloud comin' down
a cloud comin' down

Love's gonna lift us up

1 comment: