Tuesday, May 25, 2010

to each her own

It amazes me how different we each are. In a post by Ms. Moon she mentioned in passing that she cooked dinner just hours after giving birth to her second child at home. Cooked dinner! With food grown in her own garden! On the day she gave birth! Gave birth IN HER HOUSE.

Now in contrast, and no judgment here, I work with a woman who complains if her frozen Lean Cuisine requires she stir it halfway through being "cooked" in the microwave. She doesn’t want to get up from her desk that extra time before it’s ready.

No slamming woman #2 in the comments! It just amazes me what each of us finds worthwhile.

6 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I'm like woman #2, but I love woman #1.

Ms. Moon said...

Well, for the record, I never stir things in the middle of microwaving unless it is absolutely necessary.

Ms. Moon said...

Also? Back when I had May I did not have a microwave. My oven didn't even have a thermostat. It was a different time and place.

Steph(anie) said...

SB - me too.

Ms. Moon - I apologize for putting you on the spot, you just make for such a good example. And as far as it being a different time... well yes, I suppose it is, in some ways. But I was just witnessing a difference in priorities.

Steph(anie) said...

And the current stage in life of woman #2 is very near to Ms. Moon's 30 years ago, insofaras child rearing.

Mwa said...

I don't get that either. My husband is staying home for a full month to do the household stuff while I adjust to having a baby. He did for the previous two as well. And to start with I will be in the hospital for a few days, just to make sure I don't forget to eat or drink or sleep.