Friday, May 21, 2010

randomness

  • Yesterday I turned on the air conditioner (in the house) for the first time this year. Last year it was April so I think we're doing pretty good making it to the second half of May!
  • Why does the movie The Big Chill get such flack? I have always enjoyed that movie. Am I a freak? Well, we know I am, but am I more of a freak for liking that movie?
  • Last night at the dinner table, out of nowhere Maya (13) said, "and suck my balls. AT THE SAME TIME." Dan and I just looked at each other, then looked at her and said in unison, "what did you just say?" I reminded her what and where balls are and said that might not be something she should just go around blurting out. Apparently that phrase is all the rage in middle school. Charming. The words and inflection she used made me laugh (AFTER THE FACT) but still, I can't allow myself to encourage such a habit in someone I am still responsible for.
  • And just for contrast, I'll leave you with this:

    I do so like
    Green Eggs and Ham.
    Thank you!
    Thank you, Sam-I-Am.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Teenagers! Dang.
Sweet baby boy.
And The Big Chill is one of my favorite movies of all times. I was just thinking about it yesterday.

Kori said...

I have never seen the movie, so I am not sure at all what the hype is about. But now that I know you AND Ms. Moon like it, I might have to watch it.

Oh, the phrase/word of the week here is "douche." As in, "he is such a douche." And I HATE that on so many levels that I threatened to wash my 16 year old's mouth out with soap for using it.

Petit fleur said...

I adored The Big Chill. It is classic, and therefore required movie watching! What ball suckers have been giving it flack anyway??! heh!

I can just picture that dinner scene from your description. Perfectly.

It's nice you ended with the sweet baby snoozing with the Seuss. It's a beautiful image of innocence.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

What's wrong with the damn Big Chill? Who be cutting on that shit? Great fucking film.

The photo is priceless.

Gledwood said...

Hi Stephanie
Is it true Americans spend more on air con in summer than winter heating?..??

Doesn't it make the house feel like a fridge?!

Would yoI would count myself lucky not knowing who Katie Price aka "Jordan" is... trust me!

Steph(anie) said...

Gledwood - I can't speak for all Americans, but where I live we need AC for more months than we need heat in the winter. But the heat isn't cheap. And I never set the AC lower than 79 (what's that, about 26 C) so I don't think it feels cold, just not uncomfortably warm. And I'll take your word for it about Miss Jordan :)