Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Friday

It’s a lovely day over here in my neck of the woods. The weather has found that sweet spot between warm and cool and everyone is in a good mood anticipating the holiday weekend. And for me and my people at work, it’s payday. Awesome!

Tomorrow is the final exam for my class and I’m doing my best not to stress about it. I know what I know and I’ll do my best. It will be good to get it done.

I went to get a smog check on my car during lunch (do you folks outside of California have to do that?) and the car passed! (I had my doubts.) So that means there are no repairs needed before I renew the vehicle registration! Ya-fucking-HOO!

Made some nice purchases on etsy today… one was a teal colored vintage glass bottle (I have a thing for glass. What is it about glass anyway?) all the way from Slovenia, where my grandpa’s parents were born and raised. The base has a little star mark; I thought that was a neat detail.

I also got a(nother) pair of silver earrings… I love me some silver earrings.

My flatware is also hammered. I guess I have a thing for that too.

Have a great weekend out there! Eat something cooked over an open flame!

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Ha! Mr. Moon is making a fire right this second!

michelle said...

I have a plan for s'mores before the weekend is over

Mwa said...

No open flames here - too much rain. But soon, very soon...

How did the exam go?

We do get smog tests as well.

All This Trouble... said...

Nice. Love the earrings!

Mr. Shife said...

Hope you had a good holiday weekend and the final exam went well. We have emission testing in Idaho so I guess that is like the smog test you have to deal with. Take care and excellent job on your purchases.