Tuesday, April 27, 2010

light and music

Just a quick update to my last post. As you can see we got the parasol hung, but I think we'll need to adjust a little so I don't bump it when I open the curtain.

It's over the new window... but I still didn't manage to get a shot of the view out the new window... mostly trees and the ugly propane tank. We need to build a tank house I think, like Grace's. The things hanging down from behind the parasol are lights.

More important than all that though is the wonderful music we've been listening to. I've only had one listen so far, but both Elisabeth Williamson's CD and Lon Williamson's CD are beautiful. I will be getting to know them better tomorrow.

I think it was a line from a movie or something... that melody is like lust where lyrics are like love. You hear the melody and are attracted right away. You listen and get to know the lyrics and grow to love them. The two together make magic.

5 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

I did not know housing one's propane missile was allowed! Hmmmmm....Joe may put up a fight. He thinks it looks like a groovy spaceship.

All This Trouble... said...

And also, I love the parasol. I have some old fans that make the best crinkly sound when opened. Bet that parasol makes the same sound.

Petit fleur said...

Beautiful!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I dig the parasol.

L and L said...

Hey Steph, Thanks more than I can say for the purchase of our music. We are honored. Glad you've enjoyed what you've heard so far. Hey, love that parasol. Etsy is a good place to shop I've found, now if I could just stop. :)

Hope you have a great evening and thanks again, it's very sweet of you, Lis